How To Transfer iPhone To iPhone - All Methods Explained!
If you are one of the many people who switch to a new iPhone every year or two, then you probably want to know how to transfer iPhone to iPhone. In this blog post, we will go over all the different ways you can do this. We will also explain each method step by step so that you can follow along easily. So whether you are switching carriers and need to move your contacts and messages, or simply want to keep your photos and apps, we have the solution for you. Keep reading for instructions on how to transfer iPhone to iPhone. Whether you are switching to a new iPhone because your old one is broken or simply upgrading, read on for all the steps you need to take to make the switch as smooth as possible!
How Long Does iPhone Transfer Take?Time required to complete this transfer vary based on following factors-
- Internet Connection condition
- Amount of Data to be Transferred
- Methods you are using for making this transfer
Prepare for New iPhone Feature- iOS 15
Apple iOS 15 has introduced a new feature for making transfer data from iPhone to iPhone extremely easy. This is called the Prepare for New iPhone feature. In this, the iCloud is free for 21 for making the transfer easy, if you completed the process the 21 days of new iOS launch then you don’t have to pay for any extra storage occupied above 5GB (this storage space is given to every user by default). If that doesn't seem enough, then you can ask for an extra 21 days as well.
- Firstly, go to Settings of the old device and click on General settings.
- Scroll down to find the “Transfer or Resent iPhone” option.
- Prepare for migrating data to the new iPhone by clicking on the “Get Started” option.
- After going through the important information given, click on Continue.
- Now you may be asked to Turn on Backup to Transfer, if no option appears the iCloud Backup is already turned on.
- Select “Move All App Data” with iCloud. Click on Done to backup data on iCloud.
- Check backup progress in the Main Settings screen.
How To Transfer iPhone To iPhone Using iCloud? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- This method can be used even if you don’t want to transfer your data immediately. You can take data backup on iCloud just to protect your data from any kind of loss or damage of the iPhone. Here’s the step by step guide on how to do that-
- To initiate the transfer with iCloud, head over to the settings app. Click on your name at the bottom and tap on iCloud.
- Now go through the list of apps that you want iCloud to use or not to use. Either you can tap On/Off button or Toggle the button for selection. Remember, that icloud has 5GB of storage space, if you want more storage then you might have to go for a plan change. There are multiple plans such as 50GB, 200GB, 2TB, choose a paid plan as per you need. When you want to transfer the whole iPhone to iCloud then you might need to transfer to a paid plan.
- Click on iCloud Backup. An immediate backup is made from your iPhone to iCloud on clicking Back Up Now option.
- Once you have transferred all the old iPhone data to iCloud ID, you can move to transferring it back to the new iPhone. But how are you going to do that?
- Switch on your new iPhone, choose your language and region. On the Quick Start Page, tap Set Up Manually. Choose Wi-Fi network, click on Next and wait for your iPhone to get activated.
- Create a passcode for your iPhone or TouchID right away or later. Now you will end up on the Apps & Data screen, you can tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in your iCloud Apple ID and choose the iCloud backup that you recently transferred. Now just wait for sometime to transfer to the new iPhone.
How To Transfer iPhone To iPhone Using Quick Start iPhone Setup? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- Quick start is one of the easiest ways to transfer data from iphone to iphone. It will simply make a virtual connection between both the devices and the transfer will be made automatically. Here’s the step by step guide on quick start iPhone setup-
- Firstly, turn on the new iPhone and place it near the old iPhone from where you want to transfer the data.
- On doing so, a message will be prompted on the screen with the “Set Up New iPhone” option. Tap on the “Unlock to Continue” button. In case, you don’t see the option to continue, make sure that your Bluetooth is On. Check the Apple ID that is being used for setup on the New iPhone. If everything seems fine, proceed with the next step.
- Wait for the animation to appear on the new iPhone screen. Hold the old iphone over the new iPhone. On centering the animation in the viewfinder, wait for the message “Finish on New [Device]. If you are unable to use the camera, then tap on Authenticate Manually.
- Enter the current/old iPhone’s passcode on your new device. Then set up the Face ID or Touch ID on your new device.
- When you get directed to the Transfer Data screen, click continue to transfer data directly from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. Or users can choose from the other given options to transfer apps, data and settings from iCloud recent backup. Confirm the settings and let the transfer begin.
How To Transfer iPhone To iPhone Using Windows? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- If your PC has either Type-C or USB port, then yes you can make a successful data transfer from iPhone to iPhone. Just download iTune on your PC from the Microsoft Store. Now, follow the given steps-
- For making a successful transfer of data from iPhone to iPhone using Windows PC, connect a lightning cable to your old iPhone. Connect its other end with the PC. Now launch iTune and tap on summary at the left hand side.
- Select This Computer option, under Backups. Click on “Back Up Now”.
- Now when you fire up your new iPhone, click on “Set Up Manually” on the Quick Start iPhone Setup Page. Follow the given instructions in order to reach Apps and Data Screen.
- Tap on Restore from Mac or PC. Now follow the on-screen instructions for successful completion of the transfer process.
How To Transfer Data From iPhone To iPhone Using Mac? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- For transferring data from iPhone to iPhone, open the Finder app and choose your iPhone from the sidebar on the left.
- Click on Backup to backup all of the data from your iPhone to Mac.
- Now when you launch a new iPhone, click on the “Set Up Manually” option on Quick Start setup Page. Follow the instructions until you get directed to the Apps & Data screen page. Tap to restore data from Mac or PC.
How To Transfer Data From Android To iPhone/iPad/iPod? [Step-By-Step Guide]
- Steps To Follow Before You Begin-
- Make sure your Android Device’s Wi-Fi is turned ON.
- Switch on your New iOS Device.
- Make sure that data gets fit into your new iOS device.
- Switch to the latest version of Chrome on Android, just in case you want to transfer Chrome bookmarks as well.
- Steps To Begin The Transfer-
- For initiating the transfer from Android to Apple, go to the Apps & Data screen of the new iOS device. Click on Move Data from the Android option.
- Open Move to iOS app on your Android device. If you don’t have a Move to iOS app then click on the QR code button given on the new iOS Device. Scan the appeared QR code using the Camera of your Android Device. The control will be shifted to Google Play Store. Tap Continue, read Terms and Conditions that appear. To Continue, click on Agree.
- Now tap on continue when you see the Move from Android Screen option from your iOS device. A ten or six digit code will appear on the screen. If an alert message appears on your Android device then it means you are connected to a weak internet connection, however you can ignore this alert message.
- Enter the given code on your old Android Device.
- A temporary Wi-Fi connection will be created between the devices. Tap Connect to join the network with your Android device. Now wait for the Transfer Data Screen.
- Select the data that you want to transfer and tap Continue. Let the process finish up for a while. The time depends upon the amount of content you want to transfer. Make sure that devices are kept near to each other and plugged in to power.
- After loading is complete, click on Done on your Android Device. Then tap on Continue on your iOS Device. Follow the instructions and finish the setup for the iOS device. Make sure all of your content has been transferred successfully.
So there you have it, folks. All the methods to transfer iphone to iphone with step by step procedure. In this article we have explained all the methods that you could use to transfer your iPhone data. All of them are pretty straightforward and easy to follow. We suggest that you try out the easiest one first and then move on to the more complicated ones if needed. We hope this article was helpful and that you were able to successfully transfer your data without any hiccups. If not, be sure to reach out to us in the comment section below or on our social media pages for assistance. And stay tuned with Techmonk Labs for latest apple updates – we’ll keep you posted on all the new features and changes coming down the pipeline!