In this article, we will learn how to add the AirPods battery widget and check the battery level of the AirPods.
You may want to spend some time alone by enjoying music in the woods. You may want to attend an important office meeting outside the office. AirPods are your best companion for personal use, travel, or office purposes. These little AirPods are powdered by even tinier batteries. Thus, it is important to know how much battery is left in them to avoid embarrassing situations. You can get your AirPods battery levels from your iPhone, and iPad, with or without the charging case.
Learn how to see the headphone battery on iPhone in the following ways:
- Check the battery life of your AirPods with a case
- Check the battery life of your AirPods without the case: By adding the battery widget
- Check the battery life of your AirPods even without any device.
How To Check the Headphone Battery iPhone Or iPad With A Case?
This automatic pop-up feature displays the battery status of your iPhone AirPods:
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth
Enable Bluetooth on your iPhone. Go to settings and turn on the Bluetooth mode on your iPhone.
Step 2:Connect Via Bluetooth
Make sure that your Airpods are connected to iPhone or iPad devices. If not, connect them via Bluetooth.
Put your AirPods in the charging case and close the case lid.
Step 4:Turn On Your iPhone
Bring the case near your iPhone or iPad, as closely as possible, and keep your phone turned on.
Step 5:Battery Level Displayed
Open the case and wait for a few seconds. A status card appears on your iPhone displaying the battery levels of both AirPods and the charging case.
Step 6: Check Battery Levels
If you want to see the battery level of each AirPod, take out one of the AirPods from the case and wait for a few seconds. You can view the battery level of an AirPod on the iPhone.
- If you cannot get the battery level of your AirPods, try opening the case and closing it again after some time.
- If you still fail to see the battery level, disconnect them from other devices and then reconnect with your phone.
- Also, in the case of a complete battery drain out, the battery level doesn’t show up. Try to charge your AirPods for some time along with the case and then try again.
If none of the above things work, you are advised to open the case and press the setup button on the back of the case.
But, do you know that you can find the battery level of your AirPods even without the charging case? Let’s go and find out!
How to Add Battery Widget?
Apple's AirPods widget iPhone home screen widget displays the battery level of each of your AirPods.
- Go to Settings and turn on Bluetooth on your device.
- Select and press hold the home screen on your iPhone or iPad. You can observe that all the apps on the device start to jiggle.
- Next, tap the plus sign present at the top-left corner of your screen.
- Scroll down to select the battery widget. You are asked to choose from three widget sizes-Small, Medium, and Large. Select the widget size of your choice and then select add widget.
- Rearrange the widget on your home screen according to your convenience.
- After you tap on it, you can see it on the top-right corner of your screen.
- You are now ready to check your AirPods widget iPhone battery level with the “Battery Widget”. It lets you know the battery levels even when they are connected to other devices.
How To Check The Airpods Battery Level Without iOS Device?
You don't need an iPhone to enjoy the AirPods experience. If you don't have an iOS device or lost one, you can get a rough estimate of AirPods battery level using the status light:
Depending on the model, the status light is present either on the outside of the case or between the AirPods.
Place the AirPods inside the charging case.
Interpret the charging level of the AirPods using the below guide: Solid green light: Your charging case and AirPods are fully charged. You can stop charging.
Amber/orange: Your AirPods are successfully charging.
No light: Both AirPods and the charging case have zero battery levels.
If you are using Apple devices, you can take help from Siri to find out the battery levels of the AirPods. You don’t have to be perfect with the language or be too specific with the query. Say “Hi Siri! What is the battery life of my Airpods? Siri is smart enough to provide accurate results for the questions you ask. It is as simple as that.
Tips To Increase The Battery Life Of Airpods
Here are a few tips to help you get a longer battery life of Airpods:
- The case is good enough to provide 24 hours of charge time. Place the AirPods in the case when you are not using them so that they are always ready anytime you need them.
- The AirPods let you connect via Bluetooth whenever you open the case near any of your iOS devices. So, every time you open the case, the AirPods are connected and the battery is consumed. Open the case only when you need it.
- The AirPods are smaller in size and the batteries in them are still tinier. They are sensitive and can be easily damaged. Extreme temperatures are harmful to them. Avoid using them in direct sunlight or unfavorable conditions. Never place your AirPods anywhere but in the case.
- Features like automated ear detection and noise cancellation are always running in the background, making your battery die fast. These get switched on even when you are not in need. Turning off these features can prolong your battery life a bit
- Always keep your AirPods dry and clean. Remember that they are only sweat-resistant but not water-resistant.
We have detailed to you how to add AirPods battery widget and determine the battery levels of Airpods in multiple ways on iPhones and iPad. After reading this article, you will be in a position to interpret the battery level with ease.